Pssssssst…it’s my birthday!
In honor of 42 years on this planet, here are 42 lessons I’ve learned (in no particular order) on life and Outperforming The Norm. Enjoy!
1. It’s never the wrong time to do the right thing.
2. No one Outperforms alone. Surround yourself with great people.
3. You’re enough.
4. There is no substitute for putting in the reps.
5. Never make a comment on social media that you wouldn’t say to someone sitting across from you.
6. Comparison is the thief of joy.
7. Be present.
8. No, really. Be present! Your phone can wait.
9. Laugh at your imperfections. You’ll always have them.
10. High achievement is simple. Fulfillment is hard.
11. No one can ever tell whether you’ve done your best except you.
12. Be polite. It’s not that hard.
13. Be nice to people. It’s also not that hard.
14. You will always make time for your priorities.
15. Sometimes you need to slow down to speed up.
16. Those little things that annoy you about people? You’ll miss them when they’re gone.
17. Sunrises are good, sunsets are better.
18. Be YOU. You’ll never be happy running someone else’s race.
19. It’s not what you do some of the time, it’s what you do most of the time that matters.
20. As Jimmy V famously said, if you can laugh, cry and think, that’s a full day.
21. Lots of people are fighting battles you know nothing about. Cut them some slack.
22. You get what you focus on in life.
23. Your body is your temple. Treat it well.
24. The harder you work, the luckier you’ll get.
26. Being a Minnesota sports fan is not easy 🙂
27. Timing is everything in life.
28. There’s a reason behind it all.
29. What you’re teaching people is not what you think.
30. Will you regret not doing it? Then do it.
31. Will you regret doing it? Then don’t do it.
32. Progress, not perfection.
33. The things that are the most valuable never come easily.
34. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
35. Have an attitude of gratitude.
36. Your mess is your message. It makes you relatable.
37. Never push others down to pull yourself up.
38. Control the controllables.
39. Play to win.
40. When someone does something, always assume positive intent.
41. There’s a difference between being interested and being committed.
42. Trust that you’ll figure it out. Because you will.
Have a great week, thanks for the support in the last year and keep Outperforming,