The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.
“There are five things you need to know before I send you out into the world.”
Always remember your pencil power and you will become the best pencil you can be.
1. Everything you do will always leave a mark
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make
3. What is important is what is inside of you
4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings, which will only make you better
5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you
– from Ode to a Pencil
This struck a chord with me and I felt compelled to share. Wherever you are, and however you’re processing everything that’s happening in our world, I hope it’s with a control of the controllables and continued health, happiness and high performance.
If I can help in any way, please let me know.